Halloween is one of WIKA USA’s favorite occasions. Employees throughout the company’s divisions and locations dressed up and even cooked up a storm for the 2019 festivities.
It’s no exaggeration to say that WIKA USA employees really enjoy Halloween. Regardless of the location or work shift, people get into the spirit. A spicy twist this year was the chili cook-off at WIKA Flow Division in Mansfield, Texas.
But it’s the elaborate costumes – spooky, silly, ingenious – that really steal the spotlight each year. Imagine meeting a WWII crew wandering the corridors, Freddy Krueger haunting the manufacturing floor, or a glowing jellyfish offering project support. Employees go all out to impress colleagues with their creativity and craftsmanship – and to win fame and glory, along with a gift certificate!
WIKA USA is dedicated to producing high-quality measuring instruments, but the company is scarily serious about team-building and fun as well.
- Winners of the Halloween costume contest at WIKA Flow (from left): Vicky Powell as a jellyfish, 1st place; Amy Shorter as “When life gives you lemons,” 2nd place; Ian Mudgett as “Just a happy guy,” 3rd place
- Winners of the chili cook-off at WIKA Flow: Loren White, 1st place; David “Spanky” Stephenson, 2nd place; Jonathan Tanksley, 3rd place
- From the Pasadena, Texas, office: David Polasek as John Hammond from Jurassic Park, Cristal Mesa as a gypsy (3rd place), Jose Balderas as Pumpkin Man, Adriana Pulido as Tall Pumpkin Monster (1st place), Jose Ramos as Scarecrow Monster (most creative), Michael Carnes as Werewolf Priest (2nd place)
- Group winners from the Louisiana office: Steven Fernandez, Trisha Ehlers, and George Gugich as murderers from the Purge movies
- The 1st place group winners from Lawrenceville dressed as a WWII military crew: Michael White, Christopher Moore, Nicole Violante, Mildred Quarterly, Lonnie Evans, Thu Benton, Christy Gibbs, and Andy Hartley
- The 2nd place group winners dressed up as a WIKA washer and dryer: Tammy Wilson and Doris Rodriguez
- The 3rd place group winners dressed up as Maverick and Goose from the movie Top Gun: Jerry Collier and Jonathon Clifford
- 1st shift, 1st place: Andrew Lu as Freddy Krueger
- 1st shift, 2nd place: Lorena Tavira as “IT escape from jail”
- 1st shift, 3rd place: Sheldon Blackwood as a scary wolf
- 2nd shift, 1st place: Inpanh Khanthom as a chef
- 2nd shift, 2nd place: Joe Gantt as Al Capone reincarnated
- 3rd shift, 1st place: Vincent Murphy as pharaoh