High temperatures, aggressive media, vibration, submersion — the S-20 industrial pressure sensor can be customized to operate in these and other tough conditions without affecting accuracy. Its versatility and durability are what make this transmitter the pressure instrument of choice for almost any industrial application.
As the global leader in measuring instruments, WIKA offers a wide range of pressure sensors, from basic models to high performance. One of our hardest-working products is the S-20, an industrial pressure transmitterthat can be easily customized to withstand taxing conditions across multiple processes and industries.
A Superior Pressure Sensor for Countless Applications
The S-20 pressure transmittercan be found in the most demanding industrial and research environments. Here are a few examples:
- Skid-mounted chemical injection system in wastewater treatment plants
- The penstock of a hydroelectric plant, to regulate pressure and flow
- Areas with high temperature and aggressive media in the furnaces of iron and steel plants
- Chlorinated gases in fiber optics manufacturing
- Hot gas and steam in power plant turbines
- Rear suspensions of mobile hydraulics to prevent overloads
- Vapor recovery units (VRU) in refineries to control emissions in compliance with EPA regulations
- Fermentation vats found in pharmaceutical, food, and beveragemanufacturing
- Control pressure in HVAC applications
The S-20: A Versatile, Robust Industrial Pressure Sensor
One of the features that make the S-20 so popular is its customizability. With many mix-and-match options, customers can configure this pressure transmitter to fit their applications’ unique requirements, and do so cost-effectively. One device can measure gauge pressure, absolute pressure, and vacuum. Its wide range of process connections, electrical connections, output signals, and pressure transmission fluids allows users to easily tailor the S-20 to their needs.
The S-20’s durability is also what separates this pressure sensor from others in its class. It can withstand high temperatures, aggressive media, overpressure, vibration/shock, corrosion, oxygen, hydrogen, and other demanding situations. All wetted parts are made of 316L stainless steel, with other alloys and materials available for specific media.
We control 100% of the advanced manufacturing process for all versions of the S-20. To ensure performance, each transmitter is put through a complete quality check to ensure it complies with our standards, industry specifications, and the customer’s requirements.
Here’s an overview of this sensor’s most popular features:
S-20 Superior Pressure Transmitter
gauge pressure, absolute pressure, vacuum
0…10 psi (0.7 bar) to 0…20,000 psi (1,600 bar)
≤ ±1.0%, ≤ ±0.5%, ≤ ±0.25%
media: up to 392°F (200°C)
ambient: −40 to +257°F (-40 to +125°C)
optional: integrated cooling element
24 options in accordance with ANS/ASME, SAE, EN, or DIN specifications
12 options, including angular, circular, bayonet, field case, cable outlet, heavy duty, and customer-specific pin assignments
9 options, including different current, voltage, and ratiometric
Heavy-duty design features
• all stainless steel construction
• up to 5X overpressure limit
• up to IP69K ingress protection
• 100 million load cycles, 10 million when measuring ranges > 7,500 psi (600 bar)
WIKA has a reputation for high-quality, cost-effective measuring instrumentation, and the S-20 industrial pressure sensor is no exception. Contact us for more information about this or other pressure solutions.
Product mentioned in this article: